Monday, December 16, 2013

Feedback. black girls. dark-skinned.

Alright ladies (and gents listening), so here's feedback from a couple of our guys, substantial words to consider.  My word to the women.......we shall have our talk later. There is much that needs to be considered in light of ourselves. For now,  check out the feedback from these guys regarding dating (or not dating) black or dark-skinned women. 

 --- Personally I love dark skinned women...always have, just wasn't my 1st choice when it came to dating due to my following the 'trend' set by pop culture. During the civil rights struggle, Black was beautiful...til the powers that be did everything they could to prove otherwise, add to that the re-enforcement of the Willie Lynch syndrome and the invention of color TV. Change, if any, can come only by education of the youth on content of character, the origins of complexions, and love of self...who we were before we were slaves. Kids don't decide who to play with based on color...the hate is taught (https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=204340296416289&id=197764183740567&__user=100007076550857)

- - -  -- female beauty is highly valued, and beauty standards disproportionately (particularly on a global scale) favor white women.
I can only speak from the perspective of a black male who grew up in white suburbs and attended a predominately white/asian school, but I can tell you a bit about where this thinking comes from with that background.
If you grew up in a white community like I did, just about *everyone* puts white women on a pedestal. That means if you're a black male, all of your white and asian male friends talk about are  the pretty white girls in the school or the white female celebrities in the media. I'm going to argue that the few black males in my K-12 education have literally been brainwashed into believing that white females are the golden standard of beauty.
white women are seen as much intelligent, proper, elegant, classy than women of color, so snagging one is a positive reflection on black dudes because obviously this means they're not like those other hoodlums.
And having grown up in that environment, I was told all of my life that I was one of the “ intelligent, proper, elegant, classy” black males and not like those “other” black males who have weird names and talk “gangsta”. So it must have been only appropriate that I seek out and date white girls right? Now I **absolutely hate** that I used to think this way.
Long story short, a lot has changed in my psyche on this matter since attending college. I no longer date white women or any other race for that matter for reasons I will repeat from another comment I made:
[I do not date or sleep with white women either. It has little to do with attraction. I find beauty in all races of women, although I prefer black women. It has everything to do with culture and politics. The fact that I am, without apology, pro-black and the current state of race relations in this country does not justify a relationship with a white woman in my mind. Most of all, there is no greater supporter to black men than black women. And I will honor that.](http://www.reddit.com/r/blackladies/comments/1qi3g9/why_i_dont_sleep_with_white_guys/cdde6n0)

A couple of words that stood out~
from feedback (1) - "The trend set by pop culture" and  "change, if any, can come only by education of the youth on content of character, the origins of complexions, and love of self...".  Can't express enough to you how important the education of the youth is on these things that matter.

from feedback (2) - "it has little to do with attraction.  I find beauty in all races of women....  it has   everything to do with culture and politics" and "there is no greater supporter to black men than black           women. And I will honor that." Powerful realizations.  I cannot even expound on this statement because it is so full.  To understand the reality that attraction (to any race) doesn't determine the choice you take and the other factors to be considered.

Note:
I want so much to uplift our men, all of them,  but targeting our black men because they seem to be so lost, not all,  but a lot.  If we could get them to think smarter and more responsibly,  what a great difference this would make.  Am I delusional for wanting or even expecting this?  Can I get you to please understand some things....

Check out the answer back video to the first video "Look at me".
'Look at me: the answer back'

No comments:

Post a Comment